Spring cleaning is a high priority on our to-do list, right? Well have you thought about financial spring cleaning? One of Allen Tate’s blog posts from the Company’s blog, “At Home in the Carolina’s – A Blog About Real Estate” discusses this topic with great detail. It was too good to not share! Here it is below by Regina Walter:
When we hear the words “spring cleaning”, most of us think about the
junk drawer or the hall closet that desperately needs some TLC. When we
hear the words “spring cleaning” we think of dust, clutter and mess.
What many of us tend to forget when we hear the words “spring cleaning”
is financial spring cleaning which is something that we need to do at least
So, what does financial spring cleaning mean exactly?
It means destroying old documents you no longer need, filing bills
and bank statements away and throwing away the junk mail you did not sort out
It also means organizing your tax information and charitable giving receipts for your accountant for next year’s Tax Season.
It means pulling your credit report and going through it
In addition, it means making sure you renewed your Home
Warranty. Here are some interesting facts about why a home warranty is
a smart decision:
- The average life expectancy of nine critical appliances/home systems is 13
- The likelihood of failure of one of these systems in a given year is 68%.
- Total 4-5 year cost for warranties on systems and appliances is
- Approximately 50% of those employed live paycheck to paycheck.
It also means making sure you have adequate insurance coverage.
Here are some good reasons to contact your Allen Tate Insurance Agent
about a quote:
- Your marital status has changed.
- Your teenager began driving.
- You purchased a new car.
- You changed jobs.
- You have had extensive improvements or additions to your home.
- You have moved.
- You moved into a new rental home or apartment.
Making sure your finances are in order, going into the summer, will help make
that vacation (or staycation) much more relaxing!
Wasn’t that invaluable information? I thought it was! Here’s a link to their blog: http://athome.allentate.com/
Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. Your comments, likes, shares, and subscriptions are welcome. Thanks!